Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Feb. 23rd



FOR TODAY, MONDAY FEBRUARY 23, 2009

Outside my window... It is cool and crisp, the stars are shining brightly and I am hoping for a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis.
I am thinking... That my start to a new week is going well and hopefully will continue to be so.
I am thankful for... My little fuzzy dogs, they are so amazingly devoted even when being punished they will gladly give kisses at a moments notice.
From the kitchen... I am reheating some tasty leftovers and getting our breakfasts ready for tomorrow.
I am wearing... Pj's and my fuzzy slipper socks
I am creating... Dabbling in some sewing projects. I dont have space to set up my craft table and will have to sew at my dining room table which is overrun with fabric at the moment.
I am going... To join Kyle on our cushy couch, watch an episode of Stargate, and have some dinner and a cup of hot tea.
I am reading... Haven't yet made it to the bookstore so no new reading yet, unless you count the headline stories at MSN :-)
I am hoping... That it warms up this week, I dislike going outside with wet hair and having it freeze like dry spaghetti noodles.
I am hearing... The dogs' pitter patter feet on the hardwood floor, time for a nail trimming!
Around the house... The humidifier is going in our bedroom and our awesome new furnace is keeping the house toasty warm.
One of my favorite things... Our Monday night ritual of watching Heroes followed by weekend leftovers and maybe an episode of Stargate, definitely home movie night.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Get our Taxes taken care of and finish at least one sewing project.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
a

a
Bohemian Waxwings invade Anchorage every winter during their migration, here they are feeding off of berries on Mountain Ash Trees. It amazes me that they can manage to swallow the berries whole and will occasionally toss them into the air before gulping them down.
a
You can visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook posts.
a

No comments: