Friday, February 20, 2009

Semi Homemade Chili

By the time the weekend rolls around I feel pretty worn out with all the cooking that I do that it is always nice to have an easy meal on Friday. In case your wondering what I am talking about "all the cooking that I do", I am a full time Chef with some work days stretching to 12 hrs. long that by the time I get home the last thing on my mind is standing in the kitchen to cook more food!
a
Here's what I did to stretch a single can of chili into 5-6 cups of chili.
a
Semi-Homemade Chili
1/2 Lb. Hamburger
2 Tbsp. Onion, dried
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Can Chili (I used thick style chili)
1/2 C Water
1/4 C Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Mustard, prepared
1/4 C Cheddar Cheese, and more for topping
Salt
Garlic Salt
Hamburger Buns
a
I started off by browning the hamburger in a medium sauce pot with the dried onion and a dash of salt. Cook until the meat is brown and add in drained pinto beans, and chili and heat until bubbly. Then added in water, ketchup, mustard, cheddar cheese, and a dash of garlic salt. Bring back to a low boil and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Then I take 3 hamburger buns or hoagie/hotdog buns and lay them on a sheet pan, split sides facing up. Top with some chili mixture and sprinkle on a bit more cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, this allows the cheese to melt and crusts up the bread edges.

a

a
Chili is cooked and ready to go.
aa

a
Hamburger buns topped with chili and cheese ready to put in the oven.
a

a
Oh yummy!
a

a
All ooey gooey melty goodness thats ready to eat.
These are super tasty and are great for a quick lunch or dinner.
a

No comments: