Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chilly

I know that 45 Degrees doesn't sound that cold, considering that I live in Alaska, however once you realize that that is the current temperature inside my home then you know just why I've titled this post as chilly. Honestly chilly might be a nice way to put it, more like finger numbing, 3 layer wearing, soaking in the tub for over an hour freezing cold.
a
I discovered the lack of heat yesterday, upon returning from work, I realized the balmy temperature inside my house. After fiddling with the thermostat, I checked the furnace to find that it wouldn't fire the burners. So, a really long story short is that my furnace is dead and gone and I am in need of a new one. Being the end of the week, and one of the coldest months of the year, I am finding it difficult for someone to replace it within a reasonable amount of time. So we will most likely be without a furnace for a minimum 6 days before it will be replaced unless I want to forfeit my first born in order to have it installed sooner. So for now, Kyle and I will survive with a couple of borrowed space heaters, getting up at 2am to warm blankets in the dryer, having lots of tasty warm drinks, and taking extra long showers.
a
Aaaahhhhh... the joys of being a homeowner
a
a
Temperature yesterday as I got home from work, definitely cold as our furnace should have kicked on at 64 Degrees.
a

No comments: