Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 16th


FOR TODAY, MONDAY MARCH 16, 2009
a
Outside my window... It's a bright cool day outside and even though we got several inches of snow over the weekend, it still feels like spring!
I am thinking... About St. Patrick's Day, I have some traditional Irish food planned, but we may go out to a local pub to watch the Irish dancers and bagpipers and enjoy some free food, & maybe an Irish coffee for me.
I am thankful for... My full pantry as even though we have a fairly strict budget, our pantry is always overflowing with tasty food.
From the kitchen... I haven't started dinner yet, our planned dinner will be steak bites with sauteed mushrooms, and a green salad. I am already hungry :-)
I am wearing... Still in my stinky work clothes. Even though I can't smell it, Kyle says I smell like tomatoes and onions which is obvious considering that I work in a mostly Southwestern style restaurant.
I am going... To check out what is on pay per view tonight, our show Heroes isn't on so we may watch a movie.
I am reading... The things they carried. It is a story about American soldiers during the Vietnam conflict. It was one of my great finds over the weekend at the local used bookstore.
I am hoping... That I don't have any more accidents today. I got a bad burn at work today that is 4 inches long with the skin mostly peeled off at this point, I brushed my arm against a 500 degree oven, ouch!. And then once at home I went about picking up the yard, and being in a hurry I was outside without gloves. In all I was out about 30 min. and ended up with completely numb hands, I've never had frost bite but there is a first for everything. They are still really tingly but hopefully will be ok. Probably not a good idea to go outside for an extended amount of time when it is in the single digits and have no gloves, duh!
I am hearing... Lovely Irish music, makes me smile and even though St. Patrick's Day is an Irish holiday it mostly reminds me of spring and that summer is just around the corner.
Around the house... It is warm and toasty, the dogs are happy to be out of there kennels for the day and we are anxiously awaiting Kyle's arrival. Things are always better when we are all home together.
One of my favorite things... Pictures of pugs, Kyle bought me a Pug calendar for Christmas and it resides next to the computer so I get to see a new Pug(s) everyday.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish up the refinance on our home, our appraisal came back higher than what we estimated which is REALLY GOOD!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
a


a
Frank & Lucy all decked out for St. Pat's Day. This photo was 2 yrs ago, just a month after Winston was born. I use to dress up the dogs quite a bit but have gotten away from that as they really don't enjoy it.
a
You can visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook posts.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

That's funny...we borrowed a friend's dog and my picture thought this week is a picture of it dressed up like a football player. It must be a week of dog pics.

I hope your burn gets better quickly.