Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls



These are one of my favorite holiday time desserts.  I know, I know, it isn't the holidays yet but were close enough, right?!?

Peanut Butter Balls
1 2/3 C Graham Cracker crumbs
2 C Powdered Sugar
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Butter - melted
12 oz. Chocolate chips (I prefer a 50/50 mix of bitter & semisweet)
2 tsp. Parafin Wax (helps the chocolate set up but I have omitted it before without any problems)

Combine graham crumbs, sugar, butter, and peanut butter.  Roll into small balls and let freeze several hours until solid. 
In a medium bowl combine chocolate chips and wax, microwave, stopping every 10-15 seconds to stir, until they are a smooth consistency.  Make sure you don't overheat as the chocolate will scorch! 
Dip frozen balls into chocolate and let sit out to dry.  If you keep these stored in the fridge the chocolate will not be so soft, especially if you live in a warmer climate. 

No comments: