Sunday, October 18, 2009

More crafts


Heres some of the new crafting that I picked up this last week.  I ordered the embroidery prints and waited a week before they arrived (They are vintage from the 40's & 50's and really pretty!)  In that week I picked up several hoops, embroidery floss and looked up lots of free patterns online  :-)
First up; Bluebird pillowcases.







Now I just need to transfer the images to the pillowcases & I'll post the finished work when I get them done, hopefully they won't take too long.  Then its onto kitchen towels with cute little smiling fruits.  If you enjoy embroidery you can get free patterns at flickr under the group "Hoop Love Vintage Transfers". 



On an amusing note, last week at work, I was speaking with a co-worker regarding the hobbies I enjoy (quilting, canning, baking, gardening, etc.).  She laughed saying "How cute, your like old fashioned."   I was a bit surprised at the statement, and sharing the story with Kyle he commented that he guessed I was old fashioned as in practical, & self reliant.  A good thing?  I think so :-)