Monday, September 28, 2009

Gourmet Grape Jelly





I posted a while back how I had been on the lookout for grape juice for jelly, right HERE, well I ended up making blueberry jelly and being very content with that, that is until this that weekend...
I was picking up strawberries and such in the produce section and lo & behold I spotted 100% pure grape juice!  Just my lucky day :-) 

Grape Jelly
3 Cups Grape Juice - pure juice no additives
4 1/2 C Granular Sugar
1 Pkg. Pectin

Combine grape juice and pectin in a medium/large pot, whisk until combined, bring up to a strong boil.  Then, add in all of the sugar at once stirring well, bring back up to a rapid boil and let cook 1 minute,don't forget to stir!
Ladle into sanitized jars and water bath can them for 10 minutes.  This recipe makes 6, 1/2 pint jars. 
I purchased the juice in the Syrah & Chardonnay varieties, but this would work well with any pure grape juice that you can find.  Good luck!



No comments: