Saturday, April 25, 2009

More Antiques

On my quest to locate Jadeite dishes, I visited another antique store today. I was solo today as this antique store is massive and Kyle goes crazy waiting for me. I did find some Jadeite dishes but much to my dismay, they are really expensive! Here are some pics from the shop.
a
aa
a
aaa
a
aa
a
aaa
aa
Do you see that? Right there...I spotted a doughboy cookie jar! He is a little on the blurry side as my camera was dying as I was taking pictures. I nearly fell over, he is from the 70's and I have attempted in the past to win him on ebay, but I have always been outbid and now here he is, and I can get him without a fightA:-) ANo, I didn't pick him up as I would much rather have some *new* dishes instead of another cookie jar...decisions, decisions. However, I didn't get any dishes today and will talk to Kyle about all this antique stuff firsthand, call me practical, but I can't justify eating off of plates that cost $28 a piece for our everyday dishes.
a

No comments: