Friday, April 24, 2009

All things Spring


Yes, it is true, Spring has finally arrived!
a
From my bedroom, I can see new buds on the trees and my yard is finally snow free. I picked up a package of Lillie's and will be potting them for a few weeks before I stick them in the ground, just to make sure that we don't get too chilly at night. This last week we have seen temps in the low 50's and no frost in the morning.
And the Ravens are starting to disappear giving way to Seagulls. This is always a definite sign of spring as the gulls head south during winter and return when the weather warms up, whereas the Ravens head north when the weather is warmer.
We have already tackled cleaning/organizing the garage and front and back decks, it always feels nice to spring clean! I finally got around to picking up some propane for our little grill so we will *hopefully* be grilling this weekend, yummy :-)
a
I plan on taking a trip to a local Antique shop today, I have a couple of things in mind that I am looking for, and I found a new shop that I haven't visited yet. Kyle knows that I can spend HOURS browsing a store so he is ok with me going today while he is at work.
Have you ever seen Jadeite?? I came across these lovely dishes a while back, they were manufactured in the 40's - 60's. I love them due to there beautiful jade color and that they are more portion accurate that today's dishes, and you can even get them in square shapes instead of the traditional round! Not sure what I will find at the Antique shop, but I would be delighted if they had some of these for sale.
a

a

No comments: