Sunday, July 26, 2009

Velcom

a
Several nights back, Kyle surprised me by getting off work early, arriving home and announcing that I had to get ready to leave, & he even helped me pick out an outfit (he did really well!). Still clueless, I got in the car and Kyle kept me in suspense until we arrived in Girdwood, which is about 40 min. drive south of Anchorage.
Kyle and I have talked about trying out a restaurant in Girdwood, the Double Musky, it is known for its awesome food and thus tends to be full most nights. We arrived shortly before they opened, and there was already a line waiting to get in.
*You'll have to excuse the horrible lighting in the restaurant, I used my flash once, and with the looks I got, decided it would be best to nix all flash photography*

We had some free time before opening, so we browsed around their gardens, Kyle even spotted a hummingbird.
a
We decided to go all out for our dinner! We started off with a Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo appetizer. This was followed by a mixed greens salad and Jalapeno Cheese bread.
a
For the main course, Kyle opted for the Crab stuffed Halibut topped with beurre blanc sauce, and I went crazy by ordering the Prime Rib. The prime rib was monstrous, over 2 inches thick, & we both had plenty of food to take home!
MMM....desserts, my favorite part of a meal! The servers bring around trays of desserts available, this makes them seem more tempting, and we fell for it by each ordering something tasty to try. Kyle picked the healthier blueberry cheesecake and I got the Double Musky pie, it tastes like a pecan pie topped with fudge and whipped cream. Very heavenly but a bit too sweet and I was unable to finish it.
What a great way to start the weekend; an unexpected dinner with my handsome husband, at a great restaurant located in the wilds of Alaska. Does it get any better?
a
You can click HERE for more information about the Double Musky in Girdwood, Bon Appetit!

No comments: