Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Treasures

So my treasure hunting for a step stool have failed, ugh! I checked multiple antique dealers in town and no one has a step stool like the ones I am after. HOWEVER...I did score two great finds.
My collection of antique glass floats has slowly grown over the years. In the center of the above pic, you can see my newest glass float that I picked up this week at one of the antique shops. It is purple, one of the rarest colors, used only by the Japanese Royal Fleet. I've been on the lookout for a purple float, for 5 years, and this is the only one I've found that was for sale. You can read HERE for more information on Japanese Glass Floats.
a
And I found a lovely Fire King Jadeite Lotus plate. Originally, there would have been a cup to go with the plate, but I was unable to locate it in the shop. My Fire King collection is mainly the Azurite dishes but I do have some Jadeite and Milk Glass. Im still working on locating a nice display cabinet for my ever-growing Fire King collection.
a

No comments: