Friday, July 10, 2009

Give me a boost

Being height challenged, I'm 5'5", I find that there are a lot of things that are out of my reach. Thankfully Kyle is 6'2" & he is able to help me when I need to get something. It's cute when he scolds me for climbing on the kitchen counters, I know he is doing it out of concern but sometimes I try to get it myself anyways, i know bad bad bad! That being said, I have been on the look out for a nice step stool for the last couple of years. Here's the step stool that I am after, what do you think?
a
a
a
Haha...I know that my parents will recognize these! My grandmother had one, yellow I believe, and I remember it was always in her kitchen. Funny how the things that are old are becoming new again.
I have been checking online and have been discouraged while trying to locate a vintage step stool. You can purchase new *vintage style* step stools but they have plastic parts and are not as sturdy as the original, seems everything now a days is not only cheaper to buy but is made out of cheaper materials.
Here are some pics of the new *vintage style* step stools.
a
a
a
I visited an antiques shop today and they recommend a fellow antique dealer in town. With any luck I'll be able to track down a true vintage step stool this weekend.
a

2 comments:

Christy said...

:) Too funny. I have a black one I need to redo.

DeeDee* said...

Let me know how it turns out. Was wondering if I find one one color, if its difficult to redo in another color?