Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - November 16th



FOR TODAY, Monday, November 16th

Outside my window... Burrr!  It's very cold, we've been in the single digits the last couple of days.  I would much rather have snow than frigid temps.

I am thinking... That its time to start wearing flats to work, high heels in the parking lot is a bit precarious when you're in a hurry.

I am thankful for...  KYLE, he makes me laugh, comforts me when I cry, & is my best friend.  I Love You.

From the kitchen... Slightly chaotic, working on more canning projects (sweet & sour sauce), & pulling out holiday baking recipes. This year I will be making both grandmother's fruit cake recipes, they are drastically different!

I am wearing... Warm fuzzy socks, flannel pants & sweater (yeah, nothing exciting)

I am creating...  Working on two projects right now, some really cool place mats & a kitchen towel with cute little smiling apples. 

I am going... To make myself a cup of Chai Tea.  I swear it tastes like pumpkin pie!

I am reading... Starting on the Twilight books & Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain.

I am hoping...  That we get more snow, PLEASE!!!

I am hearing... Silence

Around the house... Getting ready to pull out holiday decorations, I will have to pick up a new door wreath this year as my cranberry wreath was really sad & abused so I tossed after last christmas.  I have picked out one I like but since its $50 bucks I might have to keep looking  :-(

One of my favorite things...  Those cinnamon/spice scented pine cones, & potpourri on the stove. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Finish our Thanksgiving meal plan & finalize christmas gift lists.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Frank & Winston enjoying the snow.

You can visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook entries.

No comments: