Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pike's Place & Waterfront

We made 2 trips to Pike's Place, the hotel had a free shuttle, so we were able to browse and go back for items we saw the first time around.
a

Had to laugh at the signs advertising Copper River Salmon, this is Alaskan Salmon, and was a huge seller at the fish monger stands. The fresh produce was amazing!
a

The original Starbucks store is located at Pike's Place. I stopped in for a Caramel Frappuccino, the special of the day, and picked up a couple of mugs that bear the original Starbucks logo.
a

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, lots of Yummy looking baked goods at the market. We took a small rest stop in the market and left our mark, shhh...don't tell!
a

Incredible unbelievably gorgeous flower arrangements for super cheap. The most expensive bouquet I saw was only $5, these arrangements here would sell for $50 or more.
a

Beecher's cheese, was just a fluke as I was looking around, I spotted this little cheese shop and we stopped in because I absolutely LOVE fresh curds and hoped they would have some, which they didaa :-)
a
We only ate some of the fresh curds and saved the rest for a late night snack after the Sounder's game we attended that evening.
a
Spotted these beautiful peppers at one of the produce shops across from the entrance into the market. There vibrant beautiful colors really caught my eye and I couldn't help snapping a couple of photos.
a

A local artist at the market, he is in the process of painting a piece for us. Just me, at one of the entrances into the market, it was beautiful weather for the days that we were in Seattle.
a

The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has a shop near Pike's and they were giving away free samples of there chocolate dipped apples. I first had these awesome apples when I was a teen and I spent the summer with my sister & her husband when they lived in Alabama.
a
We had heard about the Crab Pot Restaurant located down on the Pier and wanted to try it out. We got a crab & shrimp combo, they pour the mixture on your table, its covered with butcher paper, and then you have a go at it with little wood hammers. And yes, Kyle was enjoying himself, contrary to the above picture, he was a bit overwhelmed at the massive pile of food which we never did finish. LOL...his paper apron really cracked me up!
a
a

No comments: