Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stuffed French Toast and Strawberry bliss

I am way late in getting this recipe posted but better late then never.

Stuffed French Toast filling
3 C Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Powdered sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
a
Mix well, spoon some of the mixture onto a piece of bread, top with another slice of bread. Make sure filling doesn't come to the edges of the bread or it will ooze out when cooking. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to firm up and use this time to make your egg wash. When I was making this, my egg wash was 2 eggs with 1/4 c milk, 2 Tbsp. sugar, and a pinch of salt. This was enough wash for 2 stuffed french toasts.

a
Fresh strawberries and cream cheese, oh yeah, time for some seriously good eats! The filling is made, time to chill in the freezer.
a
Aren't they gorgeous?!? Here are some strawberries sliced up, I let them macerate in some orange juice and a sprinkle of sugar.

a
The remainder of the cream cheese filling is put in a pastry bag and piped into cleaned & hulled strawberries. Then I let them chill in the fridge while I melt/temper dark chocolate.


Cream cheese filled French Toast topped with macerated strawberries and a cream cheese, chocolate dipped, strawberry.
Hungry?

a

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

Gorgeous! I hope you'll consider linking up on my recipe exchange here:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/05/friday-feasts_29.html

DeeDee* said...

Thanks for the invite, I love to share recipes!