Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - May 10th

a
FOR TODAY SUNDAY, MAY 10,2009
*posted on Monday, as I needed to take more pictures*a
Outside my window... A feathered visitor to my bird feeder, Chickadees are one of my favorite birds.

a
I am thinking... That I am addicted to Fire King dishes, I won another auction at Ebay for two dinner size swirl plates and am currently bidding on Jadeite in the Alice pattern, is there a group for antique addicts?!?

a
I am thankful for... My job, even though it really sucks getting up at 4am, ugh!

a
From the kitchen... Breakfast was some kick butt stuffed French Toast with macerated Strawberries. Check back for my recipes and a full spread of pics *also* a recipe for some really sweet strawberries.

a
I am wearing... Peek-a-boo! I am wearing one of my new pairs of earrings, they are sterling silver with mother of pearl.
a
a
I am creating... Hoping to start work on some silhouettes to display over my fireplace. Below picture is just an example, to see my inspiration for this project, click on NieNie Dialogues.

a
I am going... To finish planting all of my greenhouse and home grown plants this week, I have been procrastinating. This is some of my back deck last year, I am hoping to add more pots this year as I am growing mostly produce and only a little bit of flowers.

a
I am reading... Really good book if you are interested in what is in the food you eat, better yet what your food eats before you eat it (think lots of corn).
a
I am hoping... To locate a duvet cover for our new goose down comforter, I haven't been happy with what I have found locally and really don't want to order off of the internet.

a
I am hearing... Haha, they are so cute when they snore!

a
Around the house... Not a lot going on, finishing up my weekly washing/changing bed sheets and trying to keep up with the flying fur (the Pugs are shedding).

a
One of my favorite things... My formal dining room, especially when I have a bouquet of beautiful flowers to display. This is one of the least used rooms in the house but I really love the dark on light wood look and my stained glass votives on the wall shelves.

a
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Almost fishing time! Yeah, obviously not a real Red Salmon, this is a stained glass salmon that I made for my father-in-law. Which, now with the warmer weather, I can break out my stained glass stuff, wahoo!

a
You can visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook posts.
a

No comments: