Saturday, December 13, 2008

Homemade Christmas Ornaments


I started making faux stained glass ornaments several years ago. I still enjoy making them and giving them out to friends. You can personalize them by using paint colors the recepient likes as well as writing the year on the ribbon attached to the top.
I purchase clear glass ornaments at my local craft store, you can get these in a variety of shapes. I prefer to use the round ornaments as they are easiest to paint. Gallery Glass comes in a wide range of colors, this is the paint that you use to get the stained glass look.
a
You apply the paint to the inside of the ornament, swirl it around a bit until it looks good to you, let sit upside down 1-2 days to let excess paint drip out (I use a disposable cup). Once excess paint is gone, then set on an egg crate with the opening, of the ornament, facing a low speed fan. You can let them sit out without a fan, but drying time will take 3-4x longer than using a fan. Once dry, use a piece of ribbon as the hook.


Gallery Glass Paint

Painted ornament


On the Tree
a
a

No comments: