Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sleepy girl

I truly thought that my lack of posts was due to the hectic time around the holidays, but that seems to not be the case.  I've been in a funk the last couple of weeks, constantly ready for a nap, & it seems like I'm always behind on housework.  

 
BUT, I had a burst of energy this weekend, & I spent most of Saturday re-arranging two rooms, going through belongings & hauling 3 boxes to the Goodwill.  With all the different crafting that I enjoy, it was evident that it was time to trim my crafting supplies from 6 large rubbermade totes down to 4.  Im sure that I won't miss any of it.  Hopefully Sunday will be just as productive. 

I picked up some lovely dishes at the thrift store a week or so ago.  We have a small amount of dishes, service for 4, and it always seems that we are in need of small plates.  I found 3 plates, they are Mikasa's Blue River, made from 1975-1981 & sell for $11.99 at replacement cost.  I picked them up for .49c each, not a bad investment, & I like the splash of color!



On the downside, my carpet cleaner kicked the bucket this week, so we will be budgeting for several months to purchase a new one.  Our first cleaner lasted 6 years so well worth the $300 investment, & I couldn't imagine not having one on hand between the dog messes, our messes, & the inevitable daily grime that is brought into the house. 

The Pugs say HI!!  They aren't very happy about getting kicked from the second bedroom & being relocated to the office nook, which was previously my crafting area.  And now they know the second we awake in the morning & if we don't let them out pronto they wine until we do!