Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another weekend

My...I really have no idea where the time has gone!  I still haven't fully recovered from the rush of the holidays and this is the first time I've sat down to the computer in over a week. 

Our little Winston's eye finally healed and all is well with our spunky little boy.  I am still administering his eye drops once a day, down from his 4x a day perscription from the vet.  We will probably continue the drops for another week just to make sure.

Here are some recipes that I'll be making over our extended weekend, we have Monday off due to Martin Luther King Day. 

Surprise Pancakes
     Heat oven to 450 Degrees.  Put 1/4 C butter in a 9 x 13 pan, place in middle rack in oven to heat up.  Meanwhile in a blender combine:
1 C All Purpose Flour
1 C Milk
1 tsp. Salt
4 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

Combine for 1 minute until well blended.  Open oven door & pour batter into pan (don't remove pan from oven).  Do Not Stir!  Bake in oven 15 minutes.  No Peeking!  Cut into wedges & serve with butter & syrup (or fruit & whipped cream). 



Mountain Dew Salad
4 C Boiling water
2 C Cold Mountain Dew
1 C Pineapple Juice
2, 6 oz. packages Lemon Jello
2 cans Lemon pie filling
2 C Cool whip or whipped cream

Dissolve jello in boiling water.  Stir in Mountain Dew & pineapple juice.  Refrigerate until thick but not set.  Once thickened, add pie filling & cool whip to jello mix.  Pour into 9 x 13 pan & refrigerate until set.  When ready to serve, garnish with more cool whip.


I've been slowly working on some recipes to see how freezable/reheatable they are.  I am hoping to tackle some meals in advance by doubling or tripling the recipes & freezing them for future meals.  I'm excited to share those recipes once I get the kinks worked out. 

My next test recipe involves a breakfast casserole comprised of cubed potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs, & cheddar cheese.  I have never frozen scrambled eggs before so we'll see how it goes!





P.S.  Winnie says Hi!